Now that Star Wars: The Old Republic is released and we’ve been madly playing the game and (I’m hoping) having a blast playing through all the new content! Bioware has done a great job at launching the game and the fans have responded with a million subscribers! A huge thanks to the Bioware team as they have creating a truly amazing game and there’s no doubt they have stepped up to the plate to support all of us as new players.
So in honour of the new release and to celebrate the close of 2011, I am proud to present my second Jedi Gambit Portrait Contest!
What Can You Win?
Two randomnly selected winners will win one (1) of the following:
- one (1) custom 8″x10″ portrait drawn by Greg “Rackham” Moran of your in-game SW:TOR character. (Like the portrait above of the Jedi Kylun Dross)
- one (1) custom 8″x10″ portrait drawn by Greg “Rackham” Moran of yourself dressed up as one of SW:TOR’s classes.(Just like the portrait of me above as a Smuggler).
How to Enter
To enter, simply tweet the following on your Twitter account:
The #JediGambit is hosting the 2nd #SWTOR portrait contest. Count me in! Contest rules at: https://jedigambit.wordpress.com
A necessary evil I know, but please read the following contest rules:
- The contest will be hosted on December 30, 2011 and will accept Twitter entries up until January 5, 2012 at 12pm.
- The entrant must tweet the above twitter message exactly (shortened URLs are ok) in order to be accepted.
- A winner will be chosen at random and contacted via Twitter as a direct message. (edit note: if the selected winners are not following me on Twitter, then I will contact them with a tweet @mention) The winner’s twitter handle will be announced in a post on The Jedi Gambit blog so if you are concerned with privacy issues, please keep this in mind when entering this contest.
- The selected winners will have one (1) week to respond back to me (@RackhamGreg, grmoran(AT)hotmail.com), otherwise a new winner will be selected at random.
- The winners will be awarded one (1) portrait in the manner described above and will have the option of a digital or printed copy (or both). If a printed copy is requested, I will require a mailing address.
- Any personal information provided will be protected. The only information that will be announced publicly will be the winner’s Twitter account announced in a post on The Jedi Gambit blog.
- The winning portraits will be posted on The Jedi Gambit blog once complete.
- I reserve the right to choose a new winner if one of the selected entrants requests a portrait of a game character other than SWTOR OR if one of the winners requests a portrait of more than one person and is unwilling to adhere to the contest rules.
- This contest is meant to generate excitement for the expanded universe of Star Wars: The Old Republic. If I feel this contest is treated poorly by the entrants or there are too many complaints, I will not continue to host these contests.
A Note to members of the Corellian League: I will be selecting an additional (1) winner exclusively from its members who enter on the Corellian League forums. If you are a fellow Corellian, be sure to check the forums contest section for the announcement!
Now with that out of the way, good luck everyone!
* Edit Jan 1, 2012: Updated the rules slightly as I don’t require the person to follow my Twitter account – which is required for a Direct Mention. If the selected winner(s) does not follow me on Twitter, then I will attempt to contact them with a @mention. Be sure to check this blog for the announced winners in case you don’t check Twitter frequently!